Elixir Podcasts

I have created a page about Elixir podcasts: https://github.com/adolfont/elixir_cop/blob/master/podcasts.md

Doing the research, I found a small Elixir podcast:
Indielixir http://indielixer.com/

1 Like

Based mostly on this thread and also on my own research (the Portuguese part) I have created a list of podcast episodes related to Elixir or Erlang in non-Elixir podcasts. Feel free to add more.

4 Likes

In this episode of ElixirMix, we talk with Miriam Pena about optimizing BEAM applications. We discuss advances in OTP 22, persistent terms, atomics, counters, and when to use them. We learn what she is doing at the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation how we can get involved and much more!

Podcast Episode

3 Likes

In this episode of ElixirMix, we talk together about managing a project as a monorepo. What are they? When does it make sense? Pros and cons? How does LiveView factor in? Umbrella projects? All this and more!

Podcast Episode

4 Likes

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to get invited to one of my favorite podcasts about programming: Elixir Newbie.

Brooklin Myers and I discussed how to deploy phoenix applications and improve your deployment process. We also talked about what we’ve learned creating educational content, including my experience writing the Phoenix Deployment Handbook.

If you check the show notes, I’m offering a discount for the book to Elixir Newbie listeners.

Listen here: Elixir Newbie Podcast Episode 17

1 Like

Really enjoyed the collaboration and fun of this episode. Thought I’d share it in case anyone missed it.

The Elixir community has always amazed me with how welcoming and collaborative it is, and this feels like another great example.

1 Like

I’ve yesterday discovered that @josevalim was on the great Software Unscripted podcast where Jose and Richard Feldman talk the about static types systems in general and in Elixir.

If you’re interested, I’d recommend listening, I really liked their discussion

7 Likes

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere yet, so I just wanted to share a new(-ish) Elixir podcast I came across called ‘Elixirized’. Technically, the host has been running a podcast covering his journey learning to code since last August called ‘Citizen Coder’ and increasingly moving towards Elixir (hence “new-ish”), so he’s hosting the podcast there for now: Apple Podcasts, Spotify

Basically, this “new” podcast follows three recent DockYard Academy graduates as they chat and work together on a shared project called Mindery to gain experience. They reminisce on their journey meeting Brooklyn Myers, joining the DockYard Academy beta cohort, slogging through “tutorial hell”, ideas to attract and support completely-new coders to Elixir, and many other interesting topics. Pretty fascinating if you ask me, it’s rare to hear so prominently from actual junior devs in the Elixir space! Even if you’re already non-junior, the first episode is an enjoyable listen for the difference in perspective.

In my opinion, many of the old episodes are also worth a listen if you’re interested in Elixir, most notably (imo) the September 2022 episode with Brooklyn Myers, which kicks off Andrew’s personal journey into Elixir & DockYard Academy (not yet joined by his two co-hosts). You’ll see the episodes gradually shift more and more to Elixir over time, an objectively very satisfying sight indeed :slight_smile:

(No association with this podcast or any of the people involved, I’m just a random internet person who found it highly interesting and wanted to share the Elixir podcast love! Hope I’m not overstepping any bounds.)

6 Likes

I don’t know if others have already shared this or not (and my apologies if it’s already been shared) but Jose Valim was recently on the Software Engineering Radio podcast talking about Elixir. I thought others might be interested in hearing this.

3 Likes

We recently joined Adam Stacoviak and Jerod Santo on The Changelog to discuss the legacy of Oban Pro, hype Elixir as a mature niche, revisit freedom numbers, philosophize about freedom, and laud the beauty of mom-and-pop lifestyle businesses.

As their summary put it:

Today you get Sorentwo for the price of one! We are joined by Shannon & Parker Selbert, both halves of the mom-and-pop software shop behind Oban, the robust job processing library that’s been delivering our emails & processing our audio for years.

7 Likes