lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
My name: Marta Paszynska-Olejniczak
My position: HR Manager
Company name: lastminute.com
About the job
Job title: Elixir Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
In the new Berlin hub, we will re-invent the way people get inspired to travel with their mobile phones. As a Senior Backend Engineer (Elixir), you will join a cross-functional team to create the backbone for the next generation of travel experience. Have an impact on a product used by thousands of people every day.
Salary range: 75-80K
Position on remote work: 2 days a week
Qualifications or experience required:
- You’re comfortable with a clear goal and a high degree of autonomy.
- You’re a team player, able to interact positively and create scalable solutions together
- You have experience in shipping applications to production and understand the full lifecycle of your product
- You have experience with Elixir, Erlang or other functional programming languages. Or you’re willing to build such experience.
- You have a can-do attitude and manage to find your way to remove blockers.
- You appreciate nicely written and properly tested code, and you produce it too.
- You’re proud of your craft and work constantly to improve it.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Help millions of travelers every year by delivering a useful product
- Working in a cross-functional team in an international agile environment to solve challenging problems
- Being free to choose the tools and work methods you are most comfortable & effective with
- Continuous learning program with technical internals sessions
- Access to online learning platforms like O’Reilly and Linkedin learning
- Join conferences around Europe
- Possibility to join the company Erasmus program (temporary relocation among our offices)
- Employee discounts on our travel products and offers from external partners
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
- Office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with a lounge area providing coffee, drinks, snacks and fruits
- Join a team of passionate and fun people keen on developing new ideas and learning from each other
- Pension scheme