Trellis is a full-service eCommerce agency with a single mission: make commerce simple. We help growth-focused companies succeed through strategy, design, development, and performance-based marketing services. As an award-winning, remote-first organization with headquarters in Boston, we’ve had the pleasure of helping some amazing brands succeed in the world of eCommerce and across industries such as apparel, beauty, manufacturing, sports, and many more.
Our remote Elixir Software Engineers use their Elixir expertise to help us evolve our eCommerce sites and our engineering practices. They have the ability to take business requirements and architect solutions of all complexities. They serve as the backbone of our technical leadership team working closely with our engineering directors.
My position: People Operations Manager
Company name: Trellis eCommerce Agency
Company info and history: Trellis is a full-service digital agency specializing in eCommerce. We focus on data-driven strategies to drive traffic, engagement, and conversion for industry-leading B2C and B2B brands.
About the job
Job title: Elixir Software Engineer
- Writing clean, reliable, adequately tested code.
- Thinking through all the steps required to develop the components of secure code.
- Providing effective communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Collaborating with different business units and working closely with a team of developers to provide sale engineering and project architecture.
- Demonstrating professionalism, leading by example, having a strong work ethic and sense of duty in work as well as strong problem-solving skills.
- Mentoring other engineers and helping to promote overall best practices.
Salary range: $120-$140k
Position on remote work: We are a remote-first agency
Qualifications or experience required:
- Work with both documented and undocumented APIs.
- Experience with serverless functions.
- Excitement around functional programming and standards within the Elixir space
- Experience with Elixir tools like Mix and other erlang options
- Experience working with and creating custom REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Understanding of the complexities of both server and client-side performance.
- Experience working with containers like Docker and Kubernetes.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
We’re looking for individuals who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace process and organization, are detail-oriented, and enjoy using data to inform their decision-making.
About the interview process
We have a three interview process: Qualification, Technical and Team Interviews
Working at Trellis
Trellis is a fast-growing, self-funded eCommerce agency with headquarters just outside of Boston. We’re a remote-first organization with over 2/3 of our team distributed across the US and internationally. Work/life balance is priority with a range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company-Paid Laptop and Home Office Equipment
- 13 Days Paid Holiday
- 15 Days Flexible PTO + Earned Seniority
- 25 Days Additional PTO for Parental Leave
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Donation Matching Program
- Education and Professional Development Bonuses
- Performance-Based Bonuses
If you are located outside of the US, we are only able to offer freelance contractor status at this time.
We structure our teams into ‘Squads,’ providing an opportunity to build deep connections with colleagues and longer-term relationships with clients. We aim to provide an inclusive environment that encourages a diverse group of voices to contribute to our company. This inclusion is often in the form of employee-led “Lunch & Learns,” employee-driven special interest groups, paired mentorship, and transparent career advancement policies.