Elixir Software Engineer - databaum, Lucerne, Switzerland, Remote Worldwide 🌱

Introductory paragraph

We are a young agriculture tech (AgTech) start-up with the vision of sustainable farming through intelligence solutions and maximized resource efficiencies. We provide farmers with the information they need to get the most value out of their crops. This reduces waste of water, fertilizer and pesticides and therefore saves our planet. The road is challenging, but also very exciting and rewarding. We are a young, hungry, and international company. Apply now and build the AgTech future with us!

About us

My name: Joe Eifert
My position: CTO
Company name: databaum
Company website: https://databaum.ch
Company headquarters (country): Germany
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): We use Elixir and Phoenix (liveview in some parts) for the main application and the mechanistic disease prediction models. Because we handle lots of sensor data from the fields and our team wants to sleep well without stress, elixir has been the right choice so far (3 years).

About the job

Job title: Elixir Software Engineer
Job description:
Salary range: 30 - 75k (depending on the seniority, raise expected in May 2023 after the next financial round)
Position on remote work:
Qualifications or experience required: I have yet to find a bad elixir developer, so if you worked 2 years with it, that basically shows your qualifications.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Our application, check the demo on the website for more insights.

About the interview process

Two to three interviews. The first one is getting to know each other, setting clear expectations. 30 minutes.
Then meeting more of the team, if required a skill check with open questions. 45-90 minutes.

Further info
We are a startup. You can acquire Virtual Stock Options (optional).
See the full job post https://databaum.ch/jobs.
Send an application to joinus@databaum.ch or https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3245040822/

If your (future) children ask you what you did against climate change, this job is the answer.
If you want to learn a lot, also about biology, winemaking, machine learning, scaling software, working with people from various countries, … this job is the answer.
If you want to work at a place where your opinion matters, where you form the company and not just the other way around, this job is the answer.
:blush:

15 Likes

What if I am new to Elixir and kind of a fresher in software development? Could this job still be the answer? If yes, I am interested.

Hello. Is the right to work in EU/Switzerland a hard requirement? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sadly no. I taught elixir to some people in the past. It was fun and I also learned something during the process. Right now I need someone who I can blindly rely on and in a couple of months we can get a better mix in the team.

1 Like

Hello. Is the right to work in EU/Switzerland a hard requirement? :slightly_smiling_face:

Not at all. A consultancy or any intermediary of your choice works well.

1 Like

Thank you for the intense interest in this position and our vision. We are currently in the final stages, so please don’t apply anymore. I don’t have time to even read all the amazing applications, so I’m sorry if you don’t receive the personal response you deserve.
There will be more openings in the future.

Sending love to this amazing community. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Position filled.