Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
My name: Benjamin Osler
My position: Lead Technical Recruiter
Company name: Gartner Digital Markets (GetApp)
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
About the job
Job title: Elixir Software Engineer
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Elixir Software Engineer to work with our highly skilled technology team located in central Barcelona.
This position works closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features - all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users.
What You Will do:
- Your primary responsibility will be development and maintenance of the international marketplace web platform codebase ensuring the highest quality experience for our users.
- Responsible for the timely development of well-defined, larger product features/changes, expected to use judgement & apply functional knowledge of methodology/best practices; Develop code documentation as a reference.
- Become active participant in technical design process, expected to contribute own ideas for changes/new features; Capable of owning independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Challenging projects: You will work on recommendation systems, Elasticsearch based search engine, business analytics, front end applications and many other projects.
- Modern technologies: Elixir is our language of choice, but we love exploring and using best tools for the job. We actively use Docker to power our infrastructure.
What You Will Need:
- A passion for technology and development, a hunger to learn, a desire to meet challenges, a commitment to applying engineering best practice to produce top quality solutions.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards.
- Understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools, best practices.
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!).
Salary range: 45-55k euros +bonus +benefits
Position on remote work: No, office-based
Qualifications or experience required: Preferably Computer Science/Engineering background and with experience or interested in Elixir
What the successful job applicant will be working on: building a compelling product and implement exciting new features - all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users.
About the interview process
Interview with recruiter
Interview with team lead
Final face to face interview with VP of Operations and meet the team
mobile/whatsapp: (+34) 747740642