tab_key

tab_key

I recently upgraded the pubsub dependency in my project following the documentation, but I am getting this error whenever I run the server:

an exception was raised:
** (ArgumentError) unknown registry: Demo.PubSub
    (elixir 1.10.2) lib/registry.ex:1239: Registry.info!/1
    (elixir 1.10.2) lib/registry.ex:920: Registry.register/3
    (phoenix_pubsub 2.0.0) lib/phoenix/pubsub.ex:117: Phoenix.PubSub.subscribe/3
    (phoenix 1.5.8) lib/phoenix/channel/server.ex:420: Phoenix.Channel.Server.init_join/3
    (phoenix 1.5.8) lib/phoenix/channel/server.ex:378: Phoenix.Channel.Server.channel_join/4
    (phoenix 1.5.8) lib/phoenix/channel/server.ex:298: Phoenix.Channel.Server.handle_info/2
    (stdlib 3.7) gen_server.erl:637: :gen_server.try_dispatch/4
    (stdlib 3.7) gen_server.erl:711: :gen_server.handle_msg/6

Here is my application.ex

def start(_type, _args) do
# List all child processes to be supervised
children = [
  Demo.Repo,
  {Demo.ExpireCodesJob, []},
  {Demo.DistributeCodesJob, []},
  {Oban, oban_config()},
  DemoWeb.Endpoint,
  {Phoenix.PubSub, [name: Demo.PubSub, adapter: Phoenix.PubSub.PG2]},
  worker(PlugAttack.Storage.Ets, [Demo.PlugAttack.Storage, [clean_period: 60_000]])
]

Here is my config.ex

# Configures the endpoint
config :demo, DemoWeb.Endpoint,
  url: [host: System.get_env("HOST")],
  secret_key_base: System.get_env("SECRET_KEY_BASE"),
  render_errors: [view: DemoWeb.ErrorView, accepts: ~w(json)],
  pubsub_server: Demo.PubSub,
  check_origin: [...]

I’ve searched a lot about it, but since I am still a newbie, could not figure out where does it goes wrong. Please help me out.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

Nicd

Nicd

Try starting the pubsub before your endpoint in your application.ex and see if it fixes it. (I.e. move it earlier in the children list.)

tab_key

tab_key OP

I’ve already tried moving it to right above and below the Pubsub endpoint and also right below the Demo.Repo, but no use

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews