IVR

IVR

Hi all, I’ve posted here several times, but I’m still quite new here :slight_smile:

I was wondering if anyone is using Elixir in a context that isn’t related to IoT or the web which I believe comprise the most common use cases.

I’ve recently discovered Elixir and I love it but at this stage, I’ve only used it with Phoenix alone (which is also amazing, I’ve gotta say).

Looking forward to hearing from you! :slight_smile:

Cheers

Showing Posts 1 to 8

yreuvekamp

yreuvekamp

You may find the recently announced Project Nx interesting then: Project Nx - predictions and potential use cases

entone

entone

I’ve developed an IVR system with Elixir, it utilises Asterisk to handle the actual SIP protocol.

Kind of amusing given your handle :wink:

I open sourced the Elixir library ex_ari

sabudaye

sabudaye

Processing network packages (of any type) is a good use case for elixir/erlang

hauleth

hauleth

Anything related to networking (on layer 4 and up, of course it is not suitable for L2 routing).

Sebb

Sebb

Depends on the protocol. I’ve working prototypes of DALI (lighting protocol) and KNX (building automation) stacks completely in Elixir (except for a few lines of C for hard-realtime stuff). Certainly both are really slow (1200 and 9600 bit/s), but still.

Implementing a protocol with binary pattern matching is just great. You can literally copy the specs. Coming from C this is just mind-blowing for me at the moment.

IVR

IVR OP

Nice! And amusing indeed :slight_smile:

IVR

IVR OP

Yeah, thanks for pointing this out, this project is actually what prompted me to post this. Numerical analysis and ML are actually my area of expertise, so I’m quite keen to learn more about this project once it becomes available and perhaps even contribute to it if I can.

mickel8

mickel8

Membrane Core Team

Hi, just saw your post.
We use elixir for multimedia processing, you can look at our github or website :wink:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews