Elixir
Elixir Core Team
1. Enhancements
Elixir
- [Duration] Add
Duration.to_iso8601/1andDuration.from_iso8601/1 - [Keyword] Add
Keyword.intersect/2-3to mirror theMapAPI
Mix
- [mix profile.tprof] Add a new profiler, available on Erlang/OTP 27+, which can measure count, time, and heap usage
- [mix test] Generate cover HTML files in parallel
2. Bug fixes
Elixir
- [Kernel] Avoid double tracing events when capturing a function
- [Kernel] Fix a bug where captured arguments would conflict when a capture included a macro that also used captures
3. Soft deprecations
Mix
- [mix profile.cprof] Deprecated in favor of the new
mix profile.tprof - [mix profile.eprof] Deprecated in favor of the new
mix profile.tprof
Trending in News
Hi everyone, I am sharing this announcement here in case some of you might be interested.
Dear colleagues,
IRIF (Paris) is opening a p...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
josevalim
Everyone, please give this a try. It should be the last stop before v1.17.0 final.
Eiji
Is
livebookand it’s dependencies ready forErlang 27? I’m getting an error when trying to callescript.installtask, see:josevalim
That’s a bug in the iso8601 package. Check out it issues tracker.
Eiji
Oh, looks like they have used naming that was not used before
Erlang 27. I was worried that I messed up something with myErlanginstallation.There is almost 2 months old PR for that:
https://github.com/erlsci/iso8601/pull/62
dfalling
Are there plans to address
—warnings-as-errorsfailing for dependencies? That was my only issue trying to migrate to 1.17.0.olivermt
Compile deps first with deps.compile ?
josevalim
–warnings-as-errors does not apply to dependencies but I assume that, while your code is compiling, Absinthe code generation is emitting errors. In that case, you need to report it. Was an issue already reported?
dfalling
It’s already been patched (but not yet released) in Absinthe thanks to @doughsay in #1318. But this didn’t previously cause
--warnings-as-errorsto fail before. It was suggested by sabiwara that maybe this is caused by metaprogramming.This is the only lib in my codebase that was adversely affected by 1.17. Should I report a ticket in Elixir as well?
nocivus
No support for the type syntax with $ yet, right?
josevalim
It is not an Elixir bug. Because of meta-programming, the code is effectively part of your app, Elixir cannot know otherwise (unless the code was annotated - which wasn’t and then it requires a library patch anyway).
Warnings that arises when compiling deps (not your code), does not cause --warnings-as-errors to fail.