Elixir

Elixir

Elixir Core Team

1. Bug fixes

Elixir

  • [Duration] Fix parsing of fractional durations with non-positive seconds
  • [Kernel] Do not attempt to group module warnings when they have a large context

IEx

  • [IEx.Helpers] Properly reconsolidate protocols on recompile

Mix

  • [mix compile.elixir] Do not verify modules twice
  • [mix xref] Respect the --label option on stats and cycles

Showing Posts 1 to 3

delitrem

delitrem

Thank you very much for the release!

Some tests do not pass under Erlang 27.1 (I’m current maintainer of Erlang, Elixir and their friends for Guix System), everything else seems to be fine. What could be wrong?

  1) test translates Supervisor progress with name (Logger.TranslatorTest)
     test/logger/translator_test.exs:963
     Assertion with =~ failed
     code:  assert capture_log(:info, fn ->
              ref = Process.monitor(pid)
              Supervisor.start_child(pid, worker(Task, [__MODULE__, :sleep, [self()]]))
              Process.exit(pid, :normal)

              receive do
                {:DOWN, ^ref, _, _, _} -> :ok
              end
            end) =~ ~r"\[info\] Child Task of Supervisor Logger.TranslatorTest started
            "
     left:  ""
     right: ~r/\[info\] Child Task of Supervisor Logger.TranslatorTest started\n/
     stacktrace:
       test/logger/translator_test.exs:966: (test)

  2) test translates Supervisor progress (Logger.TranslatorTest)
     test/logger/translator_test.exs:948
     Assertion with =~ failed
     code:  assert capture_log(:info, fn ->
              ref = Process.monitor(pid)
              Supervisor.start_child(pid, worker(Task, [__MODULE__, :sleep, [self()]]))
              Process.exit(pid, :normal)

              receive do
                {:DOWN, ^ref, _, _, _} -> :ok
              end
            end) =~ ~r"\[info\] Child Task of Supervisor #PID<\d+\.\d+\.\d+> \(Supervisor\.Default\) started
            Pid: #PID<\d+\.\d+\.\d+>
            Start Call: Task.start_link\(Logger.TranslatorTest, :sleep, \[#PID<\d+\.\d+\.\d+>\]\)
            "
     left:  ""
     right: ~r/\[info\] Child Task of Supervisor #PID<\d+\.\d+\.\d+> \(Supervisor\.Default\) started\nPid: #PID<\d+\.\d+\.\d+>\nStart Call: Task.start_link\(Logger.TranslatorTest, :sleep, \[#PID<\d+\.\d+\.\d+>\]\)\n/
     stacktrace:
       test/logger/translator_test.exs:951: (test)
josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

I believe Erlang changes the level of those reports from info to debug. Other than that, we should be all good.

delitrem

delitrem

I have submitted a tiny PR which fixes the failing tests.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in News Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews