Elixir v1.3.0-rc.1 released

Hello everyone,

We are glad to announce v1.3.0-rc.1 and we hope it is our last release candidate. The codebase for v1.3 has been frozen and master already points to v1.4.0-dev.

This release includes the new Calendar types as well as many improvements to the toolchain. We hope it will make everyone more productive, specially when using Mix and ExUnit.

Since this is a release candidate, there is a chance your package managers won’t be updated to include it. Luckily, you can use a version manager or compile from source.

To learn more about this release, read the CHANGELOG or access its docs.

We recommend everyone to take this new release for a spin and please leave us a note in here letting us know how it goes. This release should be fully backwards compatible, so do report any inconsistencies you find in our issues tracker.

Happy coding!

26 Likes

Congrats! It’s amazing how fast you are moving things forward.

3 Likes

Awesome, excited to try, thanks @josevalim and team.

1 Like

all tests pass and the app seems to run fine. Of course, lots of warnings during compilation (of dependencies) but that’s a good thing. Thanks for the work, already looking forward to upgrading to 1.3.0 once it is out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

RPM for Fedora users at https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/6776/14456776/elixir-1.3.0-0.rc.1.1.fc24.noarch.rpm

Good for F24 or rawhide.

1 Like

Something that now starts to annoy me as I am confronted with it and not know if touched modules really have been recompiled until I check mdate in the filesystem…

Is there a way to get 1.2 behaviour back where we were told about every single file which has been compiled?

First thing came to my mind has been to try --verbose (helps quite a lot when trying to debug something ;)) but it has been silently ignored by mix as far as I can tell.

mix compile --verbose should definitely work.

3 Likes

It does, indeed… Perhaps I touched the wrong things when testing it earlier, I tried again using mix clean to be sure that there is the need to compile something :wink:

Hi everyone, here is a last reminder for giving Elixir v1.3.0-rc.1 a try. v1.3.0 will be released soon and any remaining feedback is welcome! Thank you!

4 Likes