josevalim
Creator of Elixir
Hi everyone,
We have just released v1.7.0-rc.0.
The CHANGELOG and precompiled files are here: Release v1.7.0-rc.0 · elixir-lang/elixir · GitHub
Please give it a try! You can either compile the v1.7 branch from source OR use the precompiled files, as described in our install page.
Note that you will need {:ex_doc, "~> 0.19-rc"} if you want to generate docs using the release candidate.
Happy coding!
Trending in News
Hi everyone, I am sharing this announcement here in case some of you might be interested.
Dear colleagues,
IRIF (Paris) is opening a p...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Eiji
This is awesome idea! When I firstly saw related github issue I was so surprised, because I did not expect such useful change. I believe that it will simplify lots of things.
I really love this. I will use it definitely in already maintained projects!
It will definitely help. Fortunately my tests are really fast.
Added on personal
TODOlist for rewrite plan ofex_apilibrary!Awesome! It will definitely help creating console scripts.
I will try to find a time to test those changes in this weekend. Good work!
dimitarvp
Does this mean that this call is recommended for projects that use
fastglobal? Probably immediately after callingFastGlobal.put?Apologies if it’s a stupid question.
michalmuskala
This is generally only required if the compiler cannot automatically release the compiler modules - this is the case if the module body contain anonymous functions (because we don’t know if they wen’t used for spawning processes or stored somewhere). I don’t think it’s required for
fastglobal.EDIT: I’ve just checked the
fastglobalcode and it compiles the data modules using Erlang compiler and not the elixir one, so it does not affect it in any way.OvermindDL1
The new
--coverseems to work well.benwilson512
Hey @josevalim it seems that Absinthe schemas are entirely broken on the RC, I’m trying to trace down what the root issue here, but I’m not seeing any notable changes to macros or module attributes.
I have a
__using__macro that returnswhich seems to be behaving differently now. If I change that call to
Module.register_attribute(__CALLER__.module, :foo, accumulate: true)in the macro body it seems to work better, although that doesn’t totally fix the issue.josevalim
@benwilson512 We did refactor this part of the codebase, so I will gladly take a look if you have failing tests in Absinthe’s suite or a small file I can run with
mix runinside Absinthe.benwilson512
Thanks! Use the
1.7-issuebranch which disables certain validations, otherwise the project doesn’t compile. Then iniex -S mixdo:You’ll get some debug output from an
IO.inspectfunction I’ve added here: https://github.com/absinthe-graphql/absinthe/blob/1.7-issue/lib/absinthe/schema/notation/writer.ex#L75If you mess with that file you’ll run into Bug #1 we’ve actually had a while, where editing the Writer module file requires
rm -rf _buildor you get a compilation error for some reason.The new issue however is that if you look at the debug output, the definitions list is empty. “there should be stuff but there isn’t stuff” is one of the less easy things to debug I realize. You can find the first usage of that module attribute here: https://github.com/absinthe-graphql/absinthe/blob/1.7-issue/lib/absinthe/schema/notation.ex#L25
benwilson512
I’ll apologize ahead of time for the complexity of the module, the schema building code is some of the oldest in Absinthe. We’re in the middle of reworking it to be simpler and more data driven but it’s still a ways from being ready to ship.
josevalim
@benwilson512 Thanks. I will investigate. You should probably consider have an optional build on Travis for Absinthe that runs on Elixir master. This way we can find this failures earlier.
Qqwy
Very cool!
Question about the changelog:
In ‘Documentation metadata’, the following example is used:
Right below that, it states that Elixir currently supports the keys
:deprecatedand:since.What about the
:authors-key that is used in the example?