mickel8

mickel8

Membrane Core Team

Hi everyone! :wave:

We’ve just released the first version of Elixir WebRTC - W3C compliant WebRTC implementation for the Elixir Ecosystem.

Our goal is to create a similar to Pion project but for the Elixir devs.

Read the full blog post here.

Showing Posts 15 to 6

mickel8

mickel8 OP

Membrane Core Team

A new version - 0.8.0 is out! :tada:

See the changelog - Release v0.8.0 · elixir-webrtc/ex_webrtc · GitHub :slightly_smiling_face:

mickel8

mickel8 OP

Membrane Core Team

That would be so interesting!

mickel8

mickel8 OP

Membrane Core Team

The trick is that it is encapsulated into UDP at the end of the day :smiley:

lawik

lawik

Nerves Core Team

Finally we can do Erlang distribution over WebRTC like I’m sure you intended :D.

Maybe not. But this is very exciting!

axelson

axelson

Scenic Core Team

Ooh, data channel support is very tantalizing! Also it’s neat that this uses SCTP. I remember reading up on that protocol quite a while ago and it’s nice to see it in use.

mickel8

mickel8 OP

Membrane Core Team

Version 0.5.0 with support for Data Channels has been released! :tada:

Read the blog post: Data channels in Elixir WebRTC

mickel8

mickel8 OP

Membrane Core Team

Hello everyone! :wave:

A couple of weeks ago, we released version 0.4.0 of Elixir WebRTC.

I wrote a small blog-post that summarizes current status of the project. Take a look at it here, and don’t miss our new website - https://elixir-webrtc.org!

Happy streaming :slight_smile:

mickel8

mickel8 OP

Membrane Core Team

Hi everyone! :wave:

Elixir WebRTC 0.3.0 landed 3 days ago (looks like we did a release on Friday :open_mouth: )

Among others, there are:

  • support for inbound simulcast
  • support for MediaStreams
  • refactored API for configuring PeerConnection
  • Broadcaster (WHIP/WHEP server) improvements

Read the full changelog: https://github.com/elixir-webrtc/ex_webrtc/releases

mickel8

mickel8 OP

Membrane Core Team

Hi @slouchpie,

I am sorry for the very very late response. If you still have a problem, please open an issue in ex_webrtc repository :slight_smile:

slouchpie

slouchpie

I would like to try this but it does not work with latest phoenix versions

Because the lock depends on swoosh 1.16.9 which depends on req ~> 0.5 or ~> 1.0, the lock requires req ~> 0.5 or ~> 1.0.
And because bundlex >= 1.2.0 depends on req ~> 0.4.0, the lock is incompatible with bundlex >= 1.2.0.
And because ex_libsrtp >= 0.7.1 depends on bundlex ~> 1.3, the lock is incompatible with ex_libsrtp >= 0.7.1.
And because your app depends on the lock, ex_libsrtp >= 0.7.1 is forbidden.
So, because your app depends on ex_libsrtp ~> 0.7.1, version solving failed.
** (Mix) Hex dependency resolution failed

I usually get around this by forking repos and specifying my fork in deps but I have forked 4 repos already and it is getting very messy.

I opened a PR to update bundlex deps which should get us on the road to modernity.

The examples are really good BTW. I found a box of old smartphones and I’m going to turn some of them into security cameras :smiley:

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews