xavaav
Hi All,
I’m not sure what happened but my Elixir LSP (in emacs) has stopped working ( I haven’t done anything to my .emacs file), it tries to restart with the error:
Server elixir-ls:2340/starting exited (check corresponding stderr buffer for details). Do you want to restart it? (y or n)
but then immediately stops working. I am using Elixir 1.16.0 and Erlang/OTP 26. Checking stderr per the recommendations I’m met with
Running /Users/canaan/.emacs.d/.cache/lsp/elixir-ls/launch.sh
Preffered shell is zsh, relaunching
Looking for ASDF install
ASDF not found
Looking for rtx executable
rtx not found
Installing ElixirLS release v0.16.0
Running in /Users/USER/Desktop/Workbench
Mix.install failed with ** (ArgumentError) unknown keys [:stop_started_applications] in [force: false, start_applications: false, stop_started_applications: false, consolidate_protocols: false], the allowed keys are: [:config, :config_path, :consolidate_protocols, :elixir, :force, :lockfile, :runtime_config, :start_applications, :system_env, :verbose]
(elixir 1.16.0) lib/keyword.ex:359: Keyword.validate!/2
(mix 1.16.0) lib/mix.ex:819: Mix.install/2
/Users/USER/.emacs.d/.cache/lsp/elixir-ls/installer.exs:526: ElixirLS.Installer.install/1
/Users/USER/.emacs.d/.cache/lsp/elixir-ls/installer.exs:543: ElixirLS.Installer.install_with_retry/0
/Users/USER/.emacs.d/.cache/lsp/elixir-ls/quiet_install.exs:14: (file)
(elixir 1.16.0) src/elixir_compiler.erl:67: :elixir_compiler.dispatch/4
(elixir 1.16.0) src/elixir_compiler.erl:52: :elixir_compiler.compile/4
(elixir 1.16.0) src/elixir_compiler.erl:39: :elixir_compiler.maybe_fast_compile/3
I appreciate if anyone has seen this error before and has any solutions. I’ve installed asdf, but it was working just fine before, is there some chance it’s a simple error and I’m not launching the server from the right directory? And if that is the case what is the simple fix?
Thanks again!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
axelson
You need to upgrade to ElixirLS 0.18 or greater for Elixir 1.16.0 support:
https://github.com/elixir-lsp/elixir-ls/blob/2339b52680dfa24dd2491db1c4cb757f4f801e04/CHANGELOG.md#v0180-22-december-2023
xavaav
Hello,
I have downloaded the latest per instructions at : GitHub - elixir-lsp/elixir-ls: A frontend-independent IDE "smartness" server for Elixir. Implements the "Language Server Protocol" standard and provides debugger support via the "Debug Adapter Protocol" · GitHub , and updated my .emacs with the suggested:
;; Install required packages if you haven’t already
(use-package lsp-mode
:commands lsp
:ensure t
:diminish lsp-mode
:hook (elixir-mode . lsp)
:init
(add-to-list 'exec-path “~/Desktop/Workbench”))
I have (use-package elixir-mode :ensure t) later in the file. The same error persists, is there anything important about the path that should be changed that isn’t covered in the docs?
Thanks!
xavaav
Hi All!
In case anyone find this and is stuck in the future, I’ve solved it for my particular case.
Instead of using the 'exec-path, moving the files from the latest lsp (18 in this case) to the ~/.emacs.d/.cache/lsp/elixir-ls/ solved the problem.
Just make sure to remove conflicting files. (I’m sure there is a more elegant way to do this, but this solves it).
tpdly
I had the same problem, thanks for the solution.
Very strange that emacs insists on using the cache location. I tried deleting the .emacs.d/.cache/lsp/elixir-ls before, and somehow it just pulled the same thing from github into that cache folder-- some version 0.16 of elixir-ls. Good idea to just put an updated build there.