LOG67

LOG67

I am writing an app with many pages using the same format of a table with filtering, sorting, and pagination. I want to extract the shared logic for rendering and event handling of these pages and put it into a separate component, I also need to live redirect based on filtering and sorting. At the moment using Macros I can define callbacks to get the table data from the parent page and inject the required function definitions for handling the sort and filter events. But for render, I don’t know what is the best approach to include my view for the table (which includes click event definitions) in the parent’s render function.

p. s. I am aware I can use nested stateful liveviews and use something like Registery to communicate between parent and child processes and handle redirects like that. To me, it seems too much ceremony and indirection for a simple task and I do not want to take that route if possible.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Welcome around!

Instead of embed, why not just define the other eex/leex and just render it in yours, or via a global one. No need to create a new process or anything for another render? I’m not really understanding what you are doing to be honest though. ^.^;

LOG67

LOG67 OP

Thanks!

You are right, for some reason I was not thinking straight! I just rendered the eex template inside the liveview and it is working as expected.

1player

1player

Not sure if you’ve noticed, but José has been working on LiveView components which would solve your exact use case. Have a look at the liveview active branches, I’m on mobile right now and can’t link the WIP

LOG67

LOG67 OP

Thanks! I wasn’t aware of this! I think this is exactly what I wanted. I will closely follow the development of this brach. Meanwhile, I continue with my not so elegant approach of rendering the child view using render and injecting the shared event handling code using macros.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews