kingdomcoder

kingdomcoder

Hi,

Is adding default_accept or accepts per action a requirement for embedded resources?

I noticed some strange behaviours without it.

With AshPhoenix, allow_nil? validations failed (always “required”) for forms created for embedded resources (as per AshPhoenix.Form.for_create(EmbeddedResource, :create, domain: Domain)).

The other is that an embedded resource that’s part of a union returns a no such input error for its attributes.

Adding default_accept solves both of these.

Is this something that needs to be clarified in the docs or are these issues that need a fix?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Yes, one of the following things must be done:

  1. attributes that should be writable should be marked as public?: true. This is the simplest answer.
  2. an explicit default_accept list can be provided. The default default_accept for embeds only is :*, which is “all public attributes”. That is what makes #1 above work.
  3. an action-specific accept can be added, along the lines of the above.
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews