fmcgeough

fmcgeough

I’m configuring a Phoenix app behind an AWS Application Load Balancer (ALB). The ALB is doing SSL termination. The Phoenix app is HTTP. If my DNS is : https://my.coolapp.com then how do I configure the Phoenix Endpoint in this case?

config :cool_app, CoolAppWeb.Endpoint,
  http: [port: 80],
  url: [host: "https://my.coolapp.com", scheme: "http"]

Something like that? Also, do I put “https://my.coolapp.com” into a check_origin on my UserSocket to allow web sockets to work properly?

Client Browser 443 -> ALB -> ALB terminates the certification -> forward traffic to server on port 80 http

Showing Posts 1 to 1

fmcgeough

fmcgeough OP

What I outlined above works fine. I did add the https url to the UserSocket check_orgin.

updates to prod.exs

config :autopsy, CoolAppWeb.Endpoint,
  http: [port: 80],
  url: [host: "https://my.coolapp.com", scheme: "http"],
  cache_static_manifest: "priv/static/cache_manifest.json",
  server: true,
  root: ".",
  version: Mix.Project.config()[:version]

updates to user_socket.ex

  transport(
    :websocket,
    Phoenix.Transports.WebSocket,
    check_origin: [
      "http://localhost:4000",
      "http://0.0.0.0:4000",
      "https://my.coolapp.com"
    ]
  )
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews