BurntCaramel
I made ensemble for testing ARIA roles in Phoenix LiveView. If you’ve ever used react-testing-library or Playwright you might have come across getByRole , it’s gold for both making writing tests simpler and improving the accessibility of your web app.
import Ensemble and you have access to has_role?/3 and role/3, which are like has_element?/3 and element/3 from LiveViewTest but accept ARIA roles and an accessible name instead of a selector:
defmodule TodoLiveTest do
use YourAppWeb.ConnCase, async: true
import Phoenix.LiveViewTest
import Ensemble
test "has landmarks and nav", %{conn: conn} do
{:ok, view, _html} = live(conn, "/todos")
assert view |> role(:banner) |> render() =~ ~r|^<header|
assert view |> role(:main) |> render() =~ ~r|^<main|
assert view |> role(:contentinfo) |> render() =~ ~r|^<footer|
assert view |> role(:navigation, "Primary") =~ ~r|^<nav|
assert view |> role(:link, "Home") =~ ~r|^<a href="/"|
end
test "subscribe form", %{conn: conn} do
assert view |> role(:form) =~ ~r|^<form|
assert view |> role(:textbox, "Email") =~ ~r|^<input type="text"|
assert view |> role(:checkbox, "Send newsletter") =~ ~r|^<input type="checkbox"|
assert view |> role(:button, "Subscribe") =~ ~r|^<button type="submit"|
end
test "submit form", %{conn: conn} do
assert view
|> role(:button, "Subscribe")
|> render_click() =~ "Thanks for subscribing!"
end
end
Trending in Announcing
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub.
Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
New
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
wceolin
As someone coming from a JS background, one of things I was missing was something like the react-testing-library. I was actually thinking about creating a library for this, so thank you so much for creating it!
I’m gonna give it a try.