lessless

lessless

Hi,

Is there a way to ensure that only one workflow will be scheduled per user in a 3-hour window?

Unlike Unique Workflows (no overlap per user) - #4 by sorenone , this is an idempotency/uniqueness question.

I noted in Oban.Pro.Workflow — Oban Pro v1.6.12 that workflow_id must be unique, and tried to set it to “sync-account-transactions #{account.id}”, but that didn’t prevent insertion.

Best,

Yevhenii

Showing Posts 1 to 2

sorentwo

sorentwo

Oban Core Team

Sure! The trick is to put a single job with uniqueness in front of the workflow creation. Here’s an example:

defmodule MyApp.Flow do
  # The worker doesn't normally have unique enabled
  use Oban.Pro.Worker

  alias Oban.Pro.Workflow

  # Gate the workflow behind a job that's unique by the user id
  def invoke(user) do
    %{user_id: user.id}
    |> new(unique: [period: {3, :hours}])
    |> Oban.insert()
  end

  @impl Oban.Pro.Worker
  def process(job) do
    user = MyApp.Repo.get(MyApp.User, job.args["user_id"])

    # Build up the workflow within the invoked job. Using context and cascade purely as an example.
    Workflow.new()
    |> Workflow.put_context(%{user: user})
    |> Workflow.add_cascade(:a, ...)
    |> Workflow.add_cascade(:b, ...)
    |> Workflow.add_cascade(:c, ...)
    |> Oban.insert_all()
  end
end
lessless

lessless OP

Neat-o! That’s what I call outside the box thinking :brain::+1:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

AndyL
There’s heavy doomer energy on many of the forum threads. This community has traditionally been optimistic and forward thinking. Now th...
#ai
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews