Enum.chunk_every gives me strange lists

Hi, I’m using chunk_every for spliting a list in n sublists, and it does do so. But when i use that sublist, some strange lists apear too.

:binary.split([“e|-------5-7-----7-8-----8-2-----2-0-------0-0-----------|”, “B|-----5-----5-------5-------3-------1—1-----1—0-1-1-|”, “G|—5---------5-------5-------2-------2---------2-------|”, “D|-7-----------------------------------------------------|”, “A|-------------------------------------------------------|”, “E|-------------------------------------------------------|”], [“ÒÇÇ”, “Ôüƒ”, “ÔÇ®”, “ÔÇ¿”, “ÔÇÇ”, “ÔÇü”, “ÔÇé”, “ÔÇâ”, “ÔÇä”, “ÔÇà”, “ÔÇå”, “ÔÇê”, “ÔÇë”, “ÔÇè”, “ßÜÇ”, <<194, 133>>, " ", “\t”, “\n”, “\v”, “\f”, “\r”], [:global, :trim_all])

This is the error I’m getting and the lists that i don’t know why are appearing are:

[“ÒÇÇ”, “Ôüƒ”, “ÔÇ®”, “ÔÇ¿”, “ÔÇÇ”, “ÔÇü”, “ÔÇé”, “ÔÇâ”, “ÔÇä”, “ÔÇà”, “ÔÇå”, “ÔÇê”, “ÔÇë”, “ÔÇè”, “ßÜÇ”, <<194, 133>>, " ", “\t”, “\n”, “\v”, “\f”, “\r”]

[:global, :trim_all])

I don’t know if anyone knows why this is happening. Thank you

It’s a bit confusing to be honest, because the title mentions Enum.chunk_every but the problem seems to be the call to :binary.split/3. The thing is you can’t pass a list to :binary.split as the first argument, it expects a binary. Besides, why not use String.split/3? Should work the same.

I have no clue how you get that second “strange” list and why you’re using it as a list of split patterns…
Please explain a bit more and try to use code tags. :slight_smile::+1:

2 Likes