kitplummer

kitplummer

I’ve seen others in the past have run into this. I’m not sure how I’ve broken my environment, but have tried started from scratch multiple times - using both multiple different versions with asdf and even the vanilla erlang elixir that comes with Ubuntu. I’ve look for any cached rebar stuff and just can’t seem to get myself past this.

Anyone have a bit of wisdom to save me from starting to throw things?

22:51:04.684 [error] Ranch protocol #PID<0.613.0> of listener SomeApp.Endpoint.HTTP (connection #PID<0.612.0>, stream id 1) terminated
an exception was raised:
    ** (UndefinedFunctionError) function :erlang.get_stacktrace/0 is undefined or private
        :erlang.get_stacktrace()
        (cowboy 2.7.0) /home/kit/Code/someapp/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl:314: :cowboy_stream_h.request_process/3

Maybe there’s a clue in there that I’m just not seeing. Previous posts here and scouring Google have pointed to a mismatched version of rebar - which could be it, but can’t find it, and you’d think since this seems to happen in all different versions of Erlang and Elixir that there a bad rebar somewhere.

Well, TIA if anyone has a pointer.

Showing Posts 1 to 10

hst337

hst337

What version of OTP are you using? You can check this in iex like :erlang.system_info :system_version

kitplummer

kitplummer OP

Have tried with a bunch of 'em. Current now:

'Erlang/OTP 25 [erts-13.1.2] [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [ds:8:8:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]\n'
hst337

hst337

This version of OTP doesn’t have get_stacktrace function

kitplummer

kitplummer OP

So this is the rebar mismatch? Urgh.

kitplummer

kitplummer OP

I’m not sure I get who’s the problem here.

Erlang/OTP 25 [erts-13.1.2] [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [ds:8:8:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]

Could not find "rebar3", which is needed to build dependency :unicode_util_compat
I can install a local copy which is just used by Mix
Shall I install rebar3? (if running non-interactively, use "mix local.rebar --force") [Yn] 

If I do this, it should install an appropriate rebar correct? I’ve tried pointing at the latest installed via asdf as well.

hst337

hst337

Yes, it will install the correct rebar
I think you just need to update you deps (with mix deps.update --all command)

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

The especially weird part is that that call is wrapped in an explicit OTP version check :thinking:

https://github.com/ninenines/cowboy/blob/63b17e4edf666d995ec86cdcda17a62ba5ebc423/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl#L309-L311

hst337

hst337

I believe he’s running the outdated cowboy version

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

That link goes to the 2.7.0 tag, which was mentioned in the OP’s stacktrace.

hst337

hst337

Ah, sorry, didn’t see that

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews