Devtalk

Devtalk

A new Erlang news item has been posted!

Posted via Devtalk.

Showing Posts 1 to 10

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Congratulations Erlang/OTP team, this is an amazing release!

26
Post #1
egze

egze

Wohoo. This is awesome, congrats to the Erlang/OTP team. :rocket:

@josevalim When will Elixir follow? :slight_smile:

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I am getting this when I do asdf erlang install 24.0:

Configure failed.
checking for compiler flags for loadable drivers... -Werror=undef -Werror=implicit -Werror=return-type  -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -DPOSIX_THREADS -fno-common -g -O2 -fPIC -fno-common
checking for linker for loadable drivers... gcc
checking for linker flags for loadable drivers... -m64 -bundle -bundle_loader /Users/dimi/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.0/otp_src_24.0/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin20.4.0/beam.smp
checking for 'runtime library path' linker flag... not found
checking for multiarch directory... not found
checking size of void *... (cached) 8
checking for static zlib... no
checking for OpenSSL header in /usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1... yes
checking for OpenSSL in /usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1... configure: error: neither static nor dynamic crypto library found in /usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1
ERROR: /Users/dimi/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.0/otp_src_24.0/lib/crypto/configure failed!

Latest macOS and I am pretty sure I have libraries here: /usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1/lib (notice the trailing /lib) so maybe the script is looking in the wrong place?

amnu3387

amnu3387

Want to try the jitttiinggggg

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

@dimitarvp, it worked when building from source for me. So I wonder if this is an issue with kerl? :thinking:

Next week!

24
Post #6
egze

egze

Same for me. Getting openssl error.

amnu3387

amnu3387

Built correctly on ubuntu focal

Erlang/OTP 24.0 (asdf_24.0) has been successfully built
Installing Erlang/OTP 24.0 (asdf_24.0) in /home/work-base/.asdf/installs/erlang/24.0...
haubie

haubie

Same issue as well (mac).

garazdawi

garazdawi

Erlang Core Team
dimitarvp

dimitarvp

How can I check? I have a daily CRON script that updates asdf itself and all installed plugins so I shouldn’t be using anything old there. But as for kerl itself, no idea how to check?

Where Next? Top

Trending in Erlang News Top

erlangforums
A new Erlang announcement has been posted: Original announcement:
New
jhogberg
Patch Package: OTP 29.1.1 Git Tag: OTP-29.1.1 Date: 2026-09-22 Trouble Report Id: OTP-...
New
jhogberg
Patch Package: OTP 27.3.4.18 Git Tag: OTP-27.3.4.18 Date: 2026-09-22 Trouble Report Id: ...
New
jhogberg
Patch Package: OTP 28.5.0.7 Git Tag: OTP-28.5.0.7 Date: 2026-09-22 Trouble Report Id: ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews