lyo5ha

lyo5ha

I observe some strange behavior of form_for helper in my template. Could somebody help me?

#error:
== Compilation error in file lib/webtestapp_web/views/payment_view.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/webtestapp_web/templates/payment/index.html.eex:1: undefined function payment_path/2
...

#mix phx.routes
page_path  GET   /              WebtestappWeb.PageController :index
payment_path  GET   /payments/new  WebtestappWeb.PaymentController :new
payment_path  POST  /payments      WebtestappWeb.PaymentController :create

# index.html.eex
...
<%= form_for @conn, payment_path(@conn, :create), [as: :params], fn f -> %>
...

# router.ex
...
resources "/payments", PaymentController, only: [:new, :create]
...

#payment_controller.ex
defmodule WebtestappWeb.PaymentController do
  use WebtestappWeb, :controller

  def new(conn, _params) do
    render(conn, "index.html", conn: conn)
  end
...

# payment_view.ex
defmodule WebtestappWeb.PaymentView do
  use WebtestappWeb, :view
end

Showing Posts 1 to 5

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Is that Phoenix 1.4? If so You need to prepend Routes before the path.

lyo5ha

lyo5ha OP

Yes, It’s Phoenix 1.4. Could you be more specific, please - where should I prepend routes?

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Replace with…

<%= form_for @conn, Routes.payment_path(@conn, :create), [as: :params], fn f -> %>

You can see upgrade guide here

lyo5ha

lyo5ha OP

Thank you very much! I spent whole day trying to understand, what’s wrong. Thank you! :grinning:

_n_x

_n_x

Your response helped save me a lot of time troubleshooting my simple CRUD app. Thanks!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews