Error module name in object code is Elixir

There is, it uses it for autocomplete and real-time error checking and so forth.

Interesting, does this hold true for everyone else? What’s unique about how APFS works in regards to program interaction compared to, say, EXT4 or so?

I’m also using APFS Encrypted as my file system!

For the IDE, I’m using VSCode with the plugin vscode-elixir. From what I understand, this plugin does not compile automatically, since the docs say:

Autocomplete/Intellisense is implemented using the wonderful ElixirSense project. For the auto complete to work properly, you will have to recompile your source code from time to time (using mix compile ) for it to pick up the latest changes to your source code.

are you on the latest Mojave 10.14.3? I haven’t seen the error for a while …

I am! I don’t recall seeing the error in quite some time either but I’m not able to reproduce it consistently so I wouldn’t know if the update fixed it. The patch notes aren’t quite expressive either…

I am using Mojave 10.14.3 too, still seeing the errors.

i’f found out that I’m having a lot of duplicate files in ebin

app_web/ebin/Elixir.App.Web.SubscriptionController.beam
app_web/ebin/Elixir.App.Web.SubscriptionController 2.beam
app_web/ebin/Elixir.App.Web.SubscriptionController 3.beam
app_web/ebin/Elixir.App.Web.SubscriptionController 4.beam
app_web/ebin/Elixir.App.Web.SubscriptionController 5.beam

on multiple projects :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Considering a filename is the module name, the fact there’s a space in that is really weird. You sure something external isn’t doing that?

Not that I’m aware of, just running Atom and now vscode. Just with the standard plugins/extensions.

I have this in different projects …
What the project have in common, they are all umbrella apps …

Hey jos! I was having the same problem and managed to track it down after days trying to understand what the hell was going on.

It turns out it was my iCloud drive messing with my project directory and creating repeated files with that digit at the end.

I wrote about it in more detail here: https://medium.com/@po_thiago/beam-file-exists-but-it-defines-a-module-named-f9c66d9f3f1c

Let me know if that solves it for you!

5 Likes

wow, that sounds like a smoking gun …
Today I added .nosync to my project folder, lets see what happens.

2 Likes

hey great idea to use the .nosync file on project folder! I even updated my post to include your suggestion :wink:

now a few weeks without syncing, never saw the error again :slight_smile:

:tada:

2 Likes