blazejcm

blazejcm

Hello,

I have a project that I didn’t touch for some time (~8 months). I got back to it yesterday and cloned my repo on a new computer (so now I have Elixir 1.9.1 compiled with Erlang/OTP 22). It’s a pretty vanilla Phoenix app in terms of how it uses Ecto - there’s nothing custom about it.

I also have a small MySQL database that used to use Ecto.Adapters.MySQL. When I tried compiling my code, I got the error message that Ecto.Adapters.MySQL is deprecated. I changed it to Ecto.Adapters.MyXQL and everything compiled. However, when I run my app I get the following exception:

** (exit) an exception was raised:
** (Protocol.UndefinedError) protocol DBConnection.Query not implemented for %MyXQL.Query{cache: :reference, name: “ecto_391”, num_params: nil, ref: reference<0.3803409325.2878341126.162939>, statement: “SELECT b0.id, b0.is_silent, b0.start_date, b0.end_date, b0.url, b0.weight, b0.image_id, b0.inserted_at, b0.updated_at FROM banners AS b0”, statement_id: nil} of type MyXQL.Query (a struct). This protocol is implemented for the following type(s): Mariaex.Query

This seems very strange…

As far as I can see, I have:
ecto_sql: 3.2.0
ecto: 3.2.3
myxql: 0.2.9

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
Michal

Showing Posts 1 to 2

wojtekmach

wojtekmach

Hex Core Team

This is really weird, could you try rm -rf _build and recompile your project?

blazejcm

blazejcm OP

It worked, thank you!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

gus
Happy Friday, all! :slight_smile: Our October meetup is coming up next week - Wednesday, October 14th at 19h CET via Zoom! This month we...
New
CodeSync
We have 4 in-person tickets to Code BEAM Europe 2026 (21-22 October, PHIL Haarlem) to give away: 1 diversity ticket (sponsored by AppSi...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews