hector97rch
Hi I’m new to elixir and I have a problem when i render one view using many, all of this happens when I call get_users the error its this:
# Could not render "usuario.json" for UsuariosWeb.UserView, please define a matching clause for render/2 or define a template at "lib/usuarios_web/templates/user/*". No templates were compiled for this module. Assigns:
my view its this:
defmodule UsuariosWeb.UserView do
use UsuariosWeb, :view
def render("usuarios.json", %{usuarios: usuarios}) do
%{usuarios: render_many(usuarios, UsuariosWeb.UserView, "usuario.json")}
end
def render("usuario.json", %{usuario: usuario}) do
%{
id: usuario.id,
name: usuario.name,
email: usuario.email,
estado: usuario.estado
}
end
end
and my contoller its this:
def show_usuarios(conn, _params) do
usuarios = Usuarios.User.buscar_usuarios()
case usuarios != [] do
true ->
conn
|>put_status(200)
|> put_resp_content_type("application/json")
|>render("usuarios.json", %{usuarios: usuarios})
false ->
{:error, "no hay usuarios"}
end
end
def show_usuario(conn, %{"id" => id}) do
case Usuarios.User.buscar_usuario(id) do
nil->
{:error, "usuario no encontrado!"}
usuario->
conn
|> put_status(200)
|> render("usuario.json", %{usuario: usuario})
end
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
stefanchrobot
Try this:
From the docs:
which means that
is equivalent to:
because your view is named
UserView.As a side not, I think you can just use
ifin your controllers:hector97rch
I also tried it that way and I get the same error.
%{usuarios: render_many(usuarios, UsuariosWeb.UserView, "usuario.json", as: :usuario)}[/quote]
stefanchrobot
Here’s a full working example. Can you please check against your code? You can run this with
elixir server.ex: