https://everyelixirvideo.page is a small Jekyll-based static website I’m working on. It has an ambitious goal of listing all existing Elixir videos.
I have started with including videos from some of the most recent conferences related to Elixir. So far I got 480 talks from 320 speakers from 21 conferences. The scope of the project is not limited to conferences, however. I’m looking forward to finding and adding videos from local meet-ups in languages other than english.
My end goal is create a one-stop place to discover videos related to Elixir.
Currently I spend most time writing scripts to parse youtube playlists and cleaning up the data: making sure names & talk titles are spelled correctly and there are no duplicates. There issues with names and talk titles remain, however. If you spot any – please open an issue or a PR!
Near-term plans are:
- put in links to speaker twitter/github accounts,
- tag each video with the primary topics it covers: ecto, elixir core, phoenix, testing, library showcase, “from rails to phoenix”, “elixir in production”, otp, monitoring, etc.,
- add rudimentary filtering capabilities,
- make the page prettier.
Mid-term plans are:
- add original talk abstracts,
- include links to PDFs for presentations,
- add historical info about conferences: when/where they was held, what was the schedule, who helped organize them.
The long-term plan is to keep the list up to date by adding more videos, provide richer info about videos, e.g. referenced links, projects, books, people, libraries, etc.
The source code is open and available at https://github.com/gmile/everyelixirvideo.page. Any help is appreciated!