herisson
Hi!
I’m currently trying to implement a simple point detection pipeline in order to get the points positions in an image :
For that, I start by finding contours in the image, then try to use the cv.moments(contour) function to find their centroid.
img = Evision.imread("***/elixir/membrane/points-img.png")
bw = Evision.imread("***/elixir/membrane/points-img.png", flags: Evision.Constant.cv_IMREAD_GRAYSCALE())
|> Evision.threshold(50, 255, Evision.Constant.cv_THRESH_BINARY())
|> then(fn {_, mat} -> mat end)
{contours, _ } = Evision.findContours(bw, Evision.Constant.cv_RETR_TREE(), Evision.Constant.cv_CHAIN_APPROX_SIMPLE())
contours
|> Enum.map(fn c ->
moments = Evision.moments(c, binaryImage: true)
IO.inspect(Evision.contourArea(c), label: "Contour area")
moments
end)
|> IO.inspect()
However, the Evision.moments function always returns an empty map. (I tried contourArea just to debug)
output:
Contour area: 193.0
Contour area: 197.5
Contour area: 110.0
[%{}, %{}, %{}]
Am I doing something wrong, or is this an issue on the bindings side?
Thanks for the help !
EDIT:
changing binaryImage to false did not change anything
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex












Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mortenlund
This is my experience as well.
If I cannot make it work I will make an issue for this in the Evision repo, he was very helpful to fix issues!