Felix
Is there a already a source/sink for receiving/streaming evision matrices? What would be a good point to start is there a similar source/sink? How to cope with difficulties to maintain the framerate for such a source/sink?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kip
@Felix, it would help a bit to understand what you’re trying to achieve and then more people might be able to contribute.
Felix
Evision is a computer vision library based on OpenCV. I would like to stream augmented frames of live footage to the browser. Currently the best solution I found, is to use Base64 encoded JPEGs. Keeping the delay low will probably be another challenge.
kip
The Membrane team recently released an overlay plugin for overlaying text on video streams and there was quite a discussion about doing doing that while maintaining framerate. Maybe there are some ideas in those discussions.
A lot of performance is consumed encoding/decoding JPEG and converting from YUV to sRGB colorspace. Avoiding either or both of those would be helpful.
lawik
I have wanted to try this stuff but would “augment” the visual bits in LiveView with SVG and such.
The part I didn’t get to where I wanted was extracting frames from a video stream. Finicky stuff.
Felix
Thanks a lot, that was exactly what I was looking for to get started. Looks like the overlay plugin is already doing the trick.
Felix
For simple geometric augmentation your SVG approach might look even better with anti-aliasing and clear text. I think I will give it a try. What was the video source like in your case to grap the frames from?
lawik
H264 from file in MP4 container and I just got lost in unwrapping that.
Felix
Loading it with Evision or Image should simplify the unwrapping a lot, as shown here: