fun2src

fun2src

How can I change the language in ex_doc?
“Summary” (English) → “Resumen” (Spanish)
“Functions” (English) → “Funciones” (Spanish)

Showing Posts 1 to 5

NobbZ

NobbZ

There is the :language option available to it, perhaps it does already what you want?

:language - Identify the primary language of the documents, its value must be a valid BCP 47language tag; default: “en”

fun2src

fun2src OP

  def project do
    [
      app: :hello_alchemy,
      version: "0.1.0",
      elixir: "~> 1.6",
      start_permanent: Mix.env() == :prod,
      deps: deps(),
      name: "Hello Alchemy",
      docs: [main: "HelloAlchemy",
             language: "es-ES"]
    ]
  end

language: “es” / language: “es-ES” does nothing.

wojtekmach

wojtekmach

Hex Core Team

Currently, the only way to change the language is to fork the project and update the templates yourself, see: ex_doc/lib/ex_doc/formatter/html/templates at main · elixir-lang/ex_doc · GitHub

If you’d like to work on making this configurable, we could definitely discuss it, open up a new issue or comment on Add support for gettext · Issue #466 · elixir-lang/ex_doc · GitHub.

The :language option is just a hint for the generated epub file.

fun2src

fun2src OP

Yes, of course!. I believe it would be desirable to add support for gettext in ExDoc.
I would separate by locale:

  • Package: ex_doc (main).
  • Package (optional): ex_doc_locale_es_ES (spanish - spain).
  • Package (optional): ex_doc_locale_gl_ES (galician - spain).
  • Package (optional): ex_doc_locale_pt_PT (portuguese - portugal)
    …

Doc sidebar: Add “locale selector”.

Thanks a lot for your assistance!

fun2src

fun2src OP

Hi all,

Finally, I got the problem solved: PR1030

translation.ex
Spanish translations: es.ex

Thank you for all your help

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews