tyrchen
Hi folks,
I’m pleased to announce ex_loader. ex_loader provide high-level API to load a module (beam), a list of apps, or a release to a remote node in the cluster. The idea behind ex_loader is that we want to dynamically create dummy worker nodes (e.g. bring up spot instances in AWS), and then load the code we want the worker nodes to execute.
Example:
load a release to a node called :"test-node@hostname". Say example_complex_app.tar.gz.
:ok = ExLoader.load_release("example_complex_app.tar.gz", :"test-node@hostname")
# all applications in this release are started in node :"test-node@hostname". The configuration ``sys.config`` in the release will be honored and loaded with ``Application.put_env`` so that you don't need to worry about configuration. If the release depends on environment variable, please set them before loading the release.
# you can interact with the functionality provided by the release now. Let's assume it contains an API server which handles the request to http://hostname:8888/hello/?msg=xxx.
{:ok, %HTTPoison.Response{body: "hello world"}} = HttpPoison.get("http://hostname:8888/hello/?msg=world")
Let me know what you thought. Any suggestions, criticism, ideas welcome!
–
Tian
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
Heh, that looks quite useful on initial glance, I tend to do similar things by pushing applications across nodes on demand for a couple of fun cases I do.
subetei
Good idea. Missed this post earlier and am looking forward to try this out