elcritch

elcritch

I created an example of real-time plotting for LiveView demo using Plotex. I’ve fixed Plotex to handle multi-plots and cleaned up some internals. You can check out the demo repo on GitHub at PlotexLiveViewExample.

It’s fun watching it, but there are some limitations for doing live SVG rendering on the server. Currently the CPU usage can increase quickly once you get to updates quicker than 50ms or so (about ~20% on my macbook at 10ms timing w/ ~1k points). It’d be great to have feedback if others have delved more into LiveView internals or other efficiency tips!

Where Next? Top

Trending in Guides/Tuts Top

rogach
I’ve spent some time understanding how to do hot code reloading with releases built using mix release, and here I’d like to detail the st...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews