nobrick
Exaop is a minimal library for aspect-oriented programming.
In most cases, you may not need to use AOP pattern. But for some specific complex application workflows, hope it helps ![]()
GitHub: GitHub - nobrick/exaop: A minimal elixir library for aspect-oriented programming. · GitHub
Hex: API Reference — Exaop v0.1.0
Example:
defmodule Wallet do
use Exaop
require Logger
# Decouple cross-cutting concerns to make workflows simple and self-documenting.
set :config, [:max_allowed_amount, :fee_rate]
set :accounts
check :amount, guard: :positive
check :amount, guard: {:lt_or_eq, :max_allowed_amount}
check :recipient, :not_equal_to_sender
check Wallet.AML
set :fee
check :balance
# A function injected by explicitly calling __inject__/2 generated by Exaop.
def transfer(%{from: _, to: _, amount: _} = payload) do
info
|> __inject__(%{})
|> handle_inject(payload)
end
defp handle_inject({:error, _} = error, _payload) do
error
end
defp handle_inject(_acc, _payload) do
Wallet.Core.transfer!(acc, payload)
end
# Then implement your callbacks required by the macros, eg. check_amount/3.
# View the full code snippet in GitHub for details.
end
All suggestion, criticism and feedback are welcome.
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










