PrincetonPoh
I’m using ExAws in my phoenix liveview project to call my S3 bucket. I tried running this code ExAws.S3.get_object("<bucketname>", "<objectkey>") |> ExAws.request!(region: "ap-southeast-1") in my iex getting this error:
ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL:
However, I know the URL is correct because I can put it into my browser to gain access to it. (Yes I set my bucket to public just to see if that was what’s blocking my request)
Here’s my config inside of config.exs:
# AWS
config :ex_aws,
debug_requests: true,
json_codec: Jason,
access_key_id: {:system, "AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID"},
secret_access_key: {:system, "AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY"}
Here’s my deps:
{:ex_aws, "~> 2.1"},
{:ex_aws_s3, "~> 2.0"},
{:hackney, "~> 1.9"},
{:sweet_xml, "~> 0.6"},
{:jason, "~> 1.2"},
My aws access key and secret access key are stored in the .env file in the root directory (side note: i dont know how to verify if the config is reading the .env variables correctly. I’m using dotenv to read fyi)
Can anyone please help provide me some guidance? ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
astery
Here is not enough information to give any conclusion, just advice.
You can stub
:http_clientin:ex_awsconfig with your own implementation and get the idea about the exact request being made.Try to replicate the request not in the browser, but in the iex console.
PrincetonPoh
Thank you for your reply. I thought the point of using ExAws’s implementation is so I do not need to dive deep into understanding all the headers and signing of credentials. Looks like I have to do it regardless since I am unable to get the happy case.
Perhaps the error can be more verbose? I assumed
:nxdomainerror just means the URL is wrong. Perhaps I’m wrong and it can mean the headers are wrong too?dimitarvp
No, it means “cannot resolve host name to an IP”. So you should find which domain can’t be resolved in your environment. Maybe a PiHole? An over-zealous corporate network?