KimberlyBrooke

KimberlyBrooke

Hello, I am working through Exercism.io Secrets module the first 6 functions I was able to figure out just fine. The last one I am stuck on.

This is the instruction for it:

Implement Secrets.secret_combine/2 . It should return a function which takes one argument and applies to it the two functions passed in to secret_combine in order.

multiply = Secrets.secret_multiply(7)
divide = Secrets.secret_divide(3)
combined = Secrets.secret_combine(multiply, divide)

combined.(6)
# => 14

Hints and tips :

Create a function combiner

  • Return an anonymous function which composes the functions passed in to Secret.secret_combine/2.
  • Use a . before () when calling an anonymous function.

Below is where my solutions start, like I said the first 6 functions I did just fine on it’s just the last one.

defmodule Secrets do
  def secret_add(secret) do
    fn(a) -> a + secret end
  end

  def secret_subtract(secret) do
    fn(a) -> a - secret end
  end

  def secret_multiply(secret) do
    fn(a) -> a * secret end
  end

  def secret_divide(secret) do
    fn(a) -> div(a, secret) end
  end 

  def secret_and(secret) do
  use Bitwise, only_operators: true
    fn(a) -> a &&& secret end
  end

  def secret_xor(secret) do
    use Bitwise
    fn(a) -> bxor(a, secret) end
  end

  def secret_combine(secret_function1, secret_function2) do
  end
end

Showing Posts 1 to 2

cmo

cmo

def secret_combine(fn1, fn2) do
  fn x -> x |> fn1.() |> fn2.() end
end
KimberlyBrooke

KimberlyBrooke OP

Thank you!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews