wolfiton
Hello everyone,
Has anyone have some experience with nuxt and phoenix stack?
I want to know if the nuxt stack doesn’t make the phoenix server slower then it would be with just simple phoenix?
Thank you in advanced
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
Do you mean https://nuxtjs.org? (if so it might be worth adding some additional info to your post
)
wolfiton
Thanks @AstonJ for the suggestions.
@AstonJ Yes I am interested if going SSR(server side rendered) is better then simple phoenix from a performance point of view, also scalability.
So the stack that I am reffering to is:
NUXT https://nuxtjs.org](https://nuxtjs.org/
Graphql(Absinthe)
Phoenix
Ecto
or Phoenix with views simple HTML rendered.
bulldog_in_the_dream
Using Nuxt.js will have no effect on Phoenix’ performance.
Nuxt.js is a way to achieve SSR using JS. You would typically reach for it if you need a single page application where render speed and search engine optimization (SEO) matters. This is not always the case (e.g. the SPA is behind a login and the user reaches a landing page first).
Using default Phoenix with its templates gives you SSR out of the box. You don’t need Next.js unless your app is heavily interactive with a lot of JS.
wolfiton
@bulldog_in_the_dream But wouldn’t i use a phoenix server that serves a graphql api and a node based server from nuxt and some frontend also from nuxt(Vue2)?
Thanks in advance
bulldog_in_the_dream
I don’t know Nuxt.js in depth, but it seems it can also just build static pages (i.e. with no Node server in production). In any case nothing is preventing your frontend from talking directly to the Phoenix backend, you don’t need to go via a Node backend.
What makes you reach for Nuxt.js instead of just using Phoenix?
wolfiton
SSR and I have a lot of js in my app that i am planing.
Also GOOGLE doesn’t index the spa’s anymore.
bulldog_in_the_dream
Ok. Then I would use Nuxt to generate static pages for production and let the frontend talk directly to Phoenix, there’s no loss of speed in that.
wolfiton
Thank you for providing all these answers and help me get a better idea of what I will have to do.
Really appreciate it