thalesmg

thalesmg

Hello!

I have been trying to learn more about what continuations are and how
they work, and made an experimental library to explore those
concepts. I selected a few cool examples (or at least I think they are
interesting) of what can be done with it and put them in this blog
post:

It is a probably hackish and inefficient implementation, but, to my
surprise, it manages to make the presented examples work. I’m sharing
this so it may be of interest for someone else, and hopefully they’ll
also find the examples surprising.

Cheers! :beers:

Showing Posts 3 to 1

vans163

vans163

Great write up, continuations are super important to us and we are trying to work out limitations, a lot of brainstorming to just switch off Elixir completely and contribute more fully to something like Hamler.

thalesmg

thalesmg OP

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you liked it! :clinking_beer_mugs:

Qqwy

Qqwy

TypeCheck Core Team

Very interesting! Continuations are curious beasts; difficult to grasp, and not that useful on a day-to-day basis, but super important under the hood to be able to build certain constructs that would otherwise be much more difficult or impossible to create.

Great work! I very much liked the blogpost.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews