rohitroychowdhury

rohitroychowdhury

I want to explicitly render the default debug page of Phoenix.Router.NoRouteError with stacktrace when a certain environment variable is not set and user tries to illegally access a route (/exampleroute).

When an environment variable is not set, in dev environment I want to display the debug stack trace page.

When it happens in prod, I want to display the JSON response {"errors":{"detail":"Not Found"}}.

But when the environment variable is set in both environments, I am using plug controller which allows the user to access the route (/exampleroute) succesfully.

raise Phoenix.Router.NoRouteError, conn: conn, router: MyProjectWeb.router, plug_Status: 404

This is not working from controller plug in dev environment as I am only getting {"errors":{"detail":"Internal Server Error"}} and no stacktrace is getting displayed.

P.S: The debug page is getting correctly displayed for any other unspecified routes.

Showing Posts 1 to 6

siddhant3030

siddhant3030

I’m not very clear about your problem. But since I don’t see /fauce route in your available routes. Most probably you’re calling the wrong route.

This problem happens when it does not get the correct route

rohitroychowdhury

rohitroychowdhury OP

I want to know how to explicitly throw this error from controller/conn? I want to render this error debug webpage for a particular route. This error will be deliberately thrown for a particular route.

siddhant3030

siddhant3030

You can take a look at this

Phoenix.Controller.action_fallback/1

rohitroychowdhury

rohitroychowdhury OP

How do I render the stack trace page using this function?

siddhant3030

siddhant3030

why do you need to render stack trace? You can just return the error view which will give you no route found. And you will not get internal server error

josemrb

josemrb

You can get the stacktrace of the current process using Process.info(self(), :current_stacktrace)

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews