imed-code
Dear all,
I’m trying to use the new Library Explorer DataFrame as we have for Pandas (python) loading rows and columns arrays.
I have an output parsing HTML table and creating an array of columns and rows.
def transform_request(body) do
columns =
body
|> Floki.parse_document!()
|> Floki.find("td.dxgvHeader_DevEx")
|> Floki.find("tr")
|> Enum.map(fn {"tr", [],
[
{"td", [{"style", "font-size:10pt;font-weight:normal;"}], [topic]},
{"td", [{"style", "width:1px;text-align:right;"}], [_topic_span]}
]} ->
String.downcase(topic)
end)
rows =
body
|> Floki.parse_document!()
|> Floki.find("tr.dxgvDataRow_DevEx")
|> Floki.find("td")
|> Enum.map(&parse_row/1)
**DF.new(rows, columns)**
end
defp parse_row(
{"td", [{"class", "dxgv"}, {"align", "right"}, {"style", "font-family:Arial;"}], [topic]}
) do
#%{data: String.trim(topic)}
String.trim(topic)
end
defp parse_row(_), do: ""
How can I load this Explorer DataFrame using columns and rows as an input? By the way, same code in pandas works very well e.g. pd.DataFrame(rows[1:], columns=rows[0])
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
Can you show an example of the input and output you’re expecting? I don’t understand what’s supposed to happen with
rowsandcolumnsboth just being lists of strings.imed-code
Hi!
Sure:
I would expecting as output a json or something like this:
{patient: Sergio, age: 40, gender: M, …}
{patient: Maria, age: 12, gender: F, …}
{patient: João, age: 21, gender: M, …}
{patient: Mirela, age: 52, gender: F, …}
In addiction, it will be an output for REST API.
Thanks.
P.S. Sorry for my English.
NduatiK
Explorer’s accepts a list of maps in it’s
DataFrame.newfunction.By the way, it sounds like you will be pushing this into a DB and serving it over an API, unless you are using Explorer for other data manipulation, you might want to skip using DataFrames.
imed-code
You’re right! It worked!
Thank you!