Sumitforyou

Sumitforyou

Using Exq as below

test.exs

config :exq,
  name: Exq.Mock,
  # adapter: Exq.Mock,
  queue_adapter: Exq.Adapters.Queue.Mock,
  start_on_application: false

test_helper.exs
Exq.Mock.start_link(mode: :fake)

MyApp
Exq.enqueue_in(Exq, "sendbird", @time_delay, F, [x, y])

Tests

** (exit) exited in: GenServer.call(Exq.Mock, {:enqueue, #PID<0.1439.0>, :enqueue_in, [Exq, "sendbird", 3, F, [x, y], []]}, 30000)
        ** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
          ** (FunctionClauseError) no function clause matching in Exq.Manager.Server.handle_call/3

          The following arguments were given to Exq.Manager.Server.handle_call/3:

              # 1
              {:enqueue, #PID<0.1439.0>, :enqueue_in, [Exq, "sendbird", 3, F, [x, y], []]}

              # 2
              {#PID<0.1439.0>, [:alias | #Reference<0.2056019793.2766733316.7523>]}

              # 3
              %Exq.Manager.Server.State{dequeuers: %{"default" => {Exq.Dequeue.Local, %Exq.Dequeue.Local.State{current: 0, max: 100}}}, enqueuer: Exq.Mock.Enqueuer, metadata: Exq.Mock.Worker.Metadata, middleware: Exq.Mock.Middleware.Server, namespace: "exq", node_id: "MacBook-Pro", pid: #PID<0.1436.0>, poll_timeout: 100, queues: ["default"], redis: Exq.Mock.Redis.Client, scheduler_poll_timeout: 200, shutdown_timeout: 5000, stats: Exq.Mock.Stats, workers_sup: Exq.Mock.Worker.Sup}

          Attempted function clauses (showing 6 out of 6):

              def handle_call(:redis, _from, state)
              def handle_call(:subscriptions, _from, state)
              def handle_call({:subscribe, queue}, _from, state)
              def handle_call({:subscribe, queue, concurrency}, _from, state)
              def handle_call({:unsubscribe, queue}, _from, state)
              def handle_call(:unsubscribe_all, _from, state)

          stacktrace:
            (exq 0.16.2) lib/exq/manager/server.ex:183: Exq.Manager.Server.handle_call/3
            (stdlib 3.17.2) gen_server.erl:721: :gen_server.try_handle_call/4
            (stdlib 3.17.2) gen_server.erl:750: :gen_server.handle_msg/6
            (stdlib 3.17.2) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3

     stacktrace:
       (elixir 1.13.4) lib/gen_server.ex:1030: GenServer.call/3
       (exq 0.16.2) lib/exq/mock.ex:92: Exq.Mock.enqueue_in/6

Can anyone help me in how to use mock in exq for testing
I am having the above issue.
Am I missing some configuration or implementation of EXQ is incorrect ?
https://github.com/akira/exq

Showing Posts 1 to 1

ananthakumaran

ananthakumaran

The message is going to incorrect GenServer, which is the reason for the function clause error.

Exq.Mock.start_link(mode: :fake)

Inspect the return value and if it is {:error, {:already_started, #PID<...>}}, then the issue is due to the incorrect name in the config.

config :exq,
name: Exq.Mock,

Exq.Mock is used by mock server by default, so you can’t use that name elsewhere. Change it to Exq and it might fix your issue.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews