cheekyfinder

cheekyfinder

ExSift: High-performance MongoDB-style query filtering for Elixir

I’m working on ExSift, a high-performance library that uses sift.js-inspired MongoDB-style query syntax to filter Elixir collections.

What is it?

ExSift uses a MongoDB’s declarative syntax to filter lists of maps or structs. When creating dynamic search APIs, rule engines, or intricate data filtering logic (such as memory-only data or API answers) when Ecto queries aren’t suitable, it’s ideal.

Key Features

  • MongoDB Syntax: Supports standard operators like $eq, $gt, $in, $regex, $elemMatch, $and, $or, and many more.

  • Nested Support: Deeply query nested maps and lists using dot notation (e.g., %{ "user.address.city" => "New York" }).

  • High Performance: Recently optimized with a new compilation engine that pre-compiles queries into native Elixir function calls, resulting in a ~2.3x speedup over runtime interpretation.

  • Safe: Runs in pure Elixir, no external dependencies for the core logic.

Example

data = [
  %{name: "Alice", age: 30, role: "admin"},
  %{name: "Bob", age: 25, role: "user"},  
  %{name: "Charlie", age: 35, role: "user"}
]
        
query = %{
  "role" => "user",
  "age" => %{"$gt" => 20}
}
        
ExSift.filter(data, query)
# => [%{name: "Bob", ...}, %{name: "Charlie", ...}]

Links

https://github.com/sahilpohare/ex_sift

I’d love to hear your feedback and see how you use it! I’m open to contributions :rocket:

Upvote1Downvote0Go to commentsShare

Showing Posts 1 to 1

mindreframer

mindreframer

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ausimian
Castle is a package I put together to assist with building Elixir releases capable of being live-upgraded via the ‘official’ release hand...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
OndrejValenta
(I just needed to vent somewhere and LinkedIn is full of hope, or hype, I’m not sure which exactly) AI dream has many faces, but general...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews