urielfcampos

urielfcampos

Hey everyone ! I was trying to start a new bumblebee project on my OpenSuse installation and i’m running on this issue which seems to be related to gcc/cmake but not exactly sure which approach to take to fix it :sweat_smile:

/.local/share/rtx/installs/erlang/26.0.2/erts-14.0.2/include -Icache/xla_extension/include -O3 -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-comment -shared -std=c++17 -w -DLLVM_VERSION_STRING= c_src/exla/exla.cc c_src/exla/exla_nif_util.cc c_src/exla/exla_client.cc -o cache/libexla.so -Lcache/xla_extension/lib -lxla_extension -Wl,-rpath,'$ORIGIN/xla_extension/lib'
In file included from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/executable.h:33:0,
                 from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/compiler.h:40,
                 from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/client/local_client.h:29,
                 from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/pjrt/gpu/gpu_helpers.h:25,
                 from c_src/exla/exla_client.h:11,
                 from c_src/exla/exla.cc:4:
cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/service_executable_run_options.h: In member function ‘absl::lts_20230125::StatusOr<std::unique_ptr<stream_executor::Stream, xla::StreamPool::PtrDeleter> > xla::ServiceExecutableRunOptions::BorrowStream(int, stream_executor::StreamPriority) const’:
cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/service_executable_run_options.h:73:12: error: could not convert ‘stream’ from ‘xla::StreamPool::Ptr {aka std::unique_ptr<stream_executor::Stream, xla::StreamPool::PtrDeleter>}’ to ‘absl::lts_20230125::StatusOr<std::unique_ptr<stream_executor::Stream, xla::StreamPool::PtrDeleter> >’
     return stream;
            ^~~~~~
In file included from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/executable.h:33:0,
                 from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/compiler.h:40,
                 from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/client/local_client.h:29,
                 from cache/xla_extension/include/xla/pjrt/gpu/gpu_helpers.h:25,
                 from c_src/exla/exla_client.h:11,
                 from c_src/exla/exla_client.cc:1:
cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/service_executable_run_options.h: In member function ‘absl::lts_20230125::StatusOr<std::unique_ptr<stream_executor::Stream, xla::StreamPool::PtrDeleter> > xla::ServiceExecutableRunOptions::BorrowStream(int, stream_executor::StreamPriority) const’:
cache/xla_extension/include/xla/service/service_executable_run_options.h:73:12: error: could not convert ‘stream’ from ‘xla::StreamPool::Ptr {aka std::unique_ptr<stream_executor::Stream, xla::StreamPool::PtrDeleter>}’ to ‘absl::lts_20230125::StatusOr<std::unique_ptr<stream_executor::Stream, xla::StreamPool::PtrDeleter> >’
     return stream;
            ^~~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:57: cache/libexla.so] Error 1

appreciate any help with it :pray:

Showing Posts 1 to 6

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Please include Elixir, Erlang, gcc and any other relevant versions. :slight_smile:

urielfcampos

urielfcampos OP

Hi José !
Here’s the relevant versions:
OS: openSUSE Leap 15.5 (Kernel 5.14.21)
gcc (SUSE Linux) 7.5.0
cmake version 3.20.4
Elixir 1.15.5 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)
Erlang/OTP 26(26.0.2)
bazel 6.1.2
Python 3.6.15
NumPy 1.19.5

Let me know if you need more logs.
I’ve tried compiling xla from source but it also failed towards the end of the compilation process.

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Assuming you are on latest XLA (v0.5.1), it all looks good to me.

I can only think of it being a gcc issue, which I can’t be of much help, sorry. :frowning:

jonatanklosko

jonatanklosko

Creator of Livebook

Hey @urielfcampos, the only idea I have is to update GCC to at least version 9 and see if it changes anything.

urielfcampos

urielfcampos OP

Thanks Jonatan and Jose !

I’ve tried updating GCC to 9 and to 12 but no luck on getting it to compile :cry:
I will try and switch to Ubuntu and see how it goes haha

urielfcampos

urielfcampos OP

Managed to get it working on WSL2 so i guess that’s the simplest way to go about it

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews