tanweerdev
fat_ecto provides methods for dynamically building queries according to the parameters it receives.
Currently it supports the following query functions :
- where
- select
- joins
- order_by
- include
Example
query_opts = %{
"$select" => %{
"$fields" => ["name", "location", "rating"],
"fat_rooms" => ["beds", "capacity"]
},
"$order" => %{"id" => "$desc"},
"$where" => %{"rating" => 4},
"$group" => "nurses",
"$include" => %{
"fat_doctors" => %{
"$include" => ["fat_patients"],
"$where" => %{"name" => "ham"},
"$order" => %{"id" => "$desc"},
"$join" => "$right"
}
},
"$right_join" => %{
"fat_rooms" => %{
"$on_field" => "id",
"$on_join_table_field" => "hospital_id",
"$select" => ["beds", "capacity", "level"],
"$where" => %{"incharge" => "John"}
}
}
and the output will be
iex > FatEcto.FatQuery.build(FatEcto.FatHospital, query_opts)
#Ecto.Query<from f0 in FatEcto.FatHospital, right_join: f1 in "fat_rooms",
on: f0.id == f1.hospital_id, right_join: f2 in assoc(f0, :fat_doctors),
where: f0.rating == ^4 and ^true, where: f1.incharge == ^"John" and ^true,
group_by: [f0.nurses], order_by: [desc: f0.id],
select: merge(map(f0, [:name, :location, :rating, :id, {:fat_rooms, [:beds, :capacity]}]), %{^:fat_rooms => map(f1, [:beds, :capacity, :level])}),
preload: [fat_doctors: #Ecto.Query<from f0 in FatEcto.FatDoctor, left_join: f1 in assoc(f0, :fat_patients), where: f0.name == ^"ham" and ^true, order_by: [desc: f0.id], limit: ^10, offset: ^0, preload: [:fat_patients]>]>
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Matt
Awesome work!
michalmuskala
This looks like a great library, but with such a powerful interface, I think it should be used extremely carefully. It’s a very easy way to expose serious security vulnerabilities in your application by exposing to the client data that shouldn’t be exposed - a naive example could be a
password_hashfield on someUserorAccountschema that could be requested either directly or going through some association. I believe there should be at least a whitelist defining what fields the function is allowed to act upon, exposing just anything seems rather reckless to me.OvermindDL1
GraphQL is good for that. Taking, say, Absinthe’s GraphQL parser and parsing out a set of ecto commands would be quite useful and much safer using it’s schema definitions.
tanweerdev
totally agree with you. currently its being used in admin panels. What do you propose if I try to support this. what’s the right path/approach for me?
tanweerdev
Whitelisting mechanism I believe is little complex because this library not only supports include but also custom joins with custom names. I would love to hear your thoughts