File managers for Phoenix?

Hello!

Are there any file management solutions for Phoenix, similar to django-filer? I haven’t been able to find anything like this ready-made.

For now I don’t need much. Just upload/download/delete files (mainly images) and organize them in folders. But of course other features (rename, move, preview, view metadata) would also be very welcome.

So, is there anything out there that satisfies at least the most basic features?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Just complementing the post:

Other optional features, but which would be reeeally handy for my project, are support for post-upload processing with multiple images as outputs + inclusion of all of them in a DB (and auto update/delete all of them when I update/delete the original), and integration with some rich text editor (currently using CKEditor but I wouldn’t mind replacing it with something else).

I was going to try to implement at least the basic functionality myself but I honestly find it hard to believe nothing like this exists since file management (or at least media management) is so common… I’ve seen a lot of articles and discussions about uploads, but none with the complete solution I’m looking for.

Anyways, any help is appreciated! :slight_smile:

bump :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Have you looked at I've forked Arc to Waffle and merged all open PRs?

It doesn’t have everything you ask for but it’s a good start.

1 Like

So as the lack of answers indicates there are no ready to use file managers for elixir (to my knowledge). Personally I feel that the existence of such a thing is more the exception than not having a file manager in an ecosystem though. There are a lot of interconnected pieces/technologies needed to make such file managers work and most often there’s no clear cut standard of handling things across all those pieces, especially when it comes to frontend vs. backend.

There’s https://uppy.io/, which seems like a nice backend agnostic file management solution, but I’m not sure if there’s folder management in there.

2 Likes