benonymus
Hey I am wondering that what is the staple way to save files in elixir, I am mainly insterested in storing pictures and audio files, that are sent by a client application, and then these can be requested back from the server.
I would have the backend - my elixir app hosted on a vps, so I would prefer to store this data there too.
What are you guys using?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Eiji
@benonymus: I believe that depends on lots of things, for example:
I’m not sure, but services like
YouTubeare using separate servers for storage which I think could be easier for some maintenance scenarios. Serving 2 millionsWebSocketconnection and server big files from separate server seems reasonable for me.However for video blog I would probably choose same server, because in less complicated projects without millions of active channels should not have a bigger problem.
Of course there are only examples and most probably there are lots of things for further consideration.
benonymus
Well definitely looking at a much smaller scale than YT, maybe like 50 users in total, and they would have their profile pictures stored and served, and they would upload audio recordings, and other users could listen to them.
Eiji
@benonymus I’m not expert, so can’t say much. I know only that lots of people are deciding to use
Amazon S3storage. In short it’s already really well prepared and optimized (for specified region). Not sure how it looks with streaming media, butAmazonhave lots of tools there. Unfortunately in some countries there is hard to find normal server and storage server from same service. There should be lots of articles about why and when to choose it.benonymus
I was thinking more like tools such as ARC, exfile in general for the question btw