DineshShrestha

DineshShrestha

defmodule PurgeOfIps do
# create the module started by application.ex each hour, starts a purge of Ips not seen last 7 days from the list
# get list of ips
def ip_not_listed_7_days do
# get list of ips
seconds_in_seven_days = 604_800
ips = File.read!(“hardcodedList.txt”)
# start the purge of ips not seen last 7 days every hour
ips
|> String.split(~r/\W/, trim: true)
end)
end
end
I have the ips = [
[“192.168.44.152”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822908”],
[“192.168.44.163”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822924”],
[“192.168.44.164”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822931”],
[“192.168.44.165”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822937”],
[“192.168.44.166”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822943”],
[“192.168.44.167”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822962”],
[“192.168.44.168”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822984”],
[“192.168.44.169”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822991”],
[“192.168.44.151”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.823005”],
[“192.168.44.153”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.823012”]
]
How to check the list every hour and filter out the ip not seen in last 7 days??

Showing Posts 1 to 10

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Can you please format your code with triple backticks – ``` – at the top and the bottom of the code block?

ImNotAVirus

ImNotAVirus

And can you please also provide your hardcodedList.txt file?

DineshShrestha

DineshShrestha OP

it is the same ips in that txt file.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Can you show us what have you tried?

DineshShrestha

DineshShrestha OP

I have written in the file with ip and timestamp. which i mentioned in previous comment with code.

eksperimental

eksperimental

Hi.

  1. use parts: 2 in your split function to only split into two items. first will be the IP address, second the date, which you should convert to DateTime or NaiveDateTime.

2 . write a function that will filter your list of entries, you can use the DateTime.compare or DateTime.diff and list the ones that are older than 7 days.
After that run Enum.uniq to return unique ip addresses, and that is your solution to your problem.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

DineshShrestha

DineshShrestha OP

Thank you for the help. I will try to complete it.

DineshShrestha

DineshShrestha OP

But there is a list of list. How do i do it?? For example: [
[“192.168.44.163”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822924”],
[“192.168.44.164”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822931”],
[“192.168.44.165”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822937”],
[“192.168.44.166”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822943”],
[“192.168.44.167”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822962”],
[“192.168.44.168”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822984”],
[“192.168.44.169”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.822991”],
[“192.168.44.151”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.823005”],
[“192.168.44.153”, “2021-12-16”, “12:44:11.823012”]
]
after i implement String.split function. Can you please elaborate it?? I am new to this language.

eksperimental

eksperimental

Let’s work over some real code.
Create a github repot with a Livebook or a sample project.

DineshShrestha

DineshShrestha OP

ok sure

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews