Stewart

Stewart

I’m a bit confused as to how caching works in phoenix.

I deployed to production but every time I refresh the page all my images are being reloaded.

I thought this was supposed to just work, do I need to set this up some how?

My urls look like this “images/hero-w720-2db9f89ab70d837a73bed5ff7d048813.png?vsn=d”

shouldn’t the browser be caching this if it doesn’t change?

In case it is important i’m also using a heroku buildpack to deploy to a dokku server.

edit

Seems to be a firefox issue, in chrome it says (memory cache) in the size column of the network tab, however firefox keeps downloading the whole image every time…

On further investigation it seems firefox won’t cache any image with a query string, i can see the same issue of images not being cached in firefox on other sites using phoenix such as phoenixframework.org. Is this a known issue?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

Qqwy

Qqwy

TypeCheck Core Team

There are many reasons why a certain resource might or might not be cached by a browser.
To get more information about what is happening, I suggest looking in the browser’s inspector/developer tools (Ctrl + Shift + ‘I’ on both Chrome and Firefox), to be precise in the ‘network’ tab, and see what happens when reloading the page.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews