First-party analytics library (like Ahoy_Matey) in Elixir?

Hi I am looking for an elixir library which will have similar functionalities like this Ruby Gem.

Thank you.

1 Like

Not sure how it compares, but have you looked at https://plausible.io ?

I am learning elixir and I want to learn it by making a software product with it. It would have made my life much simpler if I could find a library like ahoy_matey in elixir world. But it seems to be non existent or maybe this is not how elixir does things.

I am aware of plausible but it is not what I am looking for.

Elixir has it’s own ecosystem and set of libraries and they might be completely different from what you are used to in ruby.

Please ask more specific questions on what kind of problem you are looking to solve.

1 Like

I agree I should have been more specific with my question.

It seems that many developers, including those familiar with Ruby, might overlook the readme file of the repository. The gem in question provides a backend for a JavaScript tracking script but is limited to Rails. While searching for similar functionality in Elixir, I discovered that I may need to develop the backend myself, as no existing library seems to offer this capability. Although there are numerous JavaScript tracking scripts available, having an Elixir backend package akin to the Ruby gem would significantly expedite my application development process.

I hope I was able to summarize it.

1 Like

I had a quick look at the controller files and it doesn’t seem like they’re doing something very difficult. I know this is not an answer us the programmers like to hear when we are looking for something buuuuuut… it looks like a good opportunity for you to make the Elixir variant in this case. :smiley:

1 Like

I will give it a shot.

1 Like