sergio_101
Just wanted to quickly announce that I have just launched my first phoenix site. You can find it at:
The idea is:
- it tracks a listing of bands played on bagel radio each day via a url presented by Soma FM.
- It adds new bands to the list of tracked bands
- every n hours, it checks bands in town for new events for the bands were tracking.
- when a user inputs a location (zip code, address, city/state, etc) the app returns all of he concerts in that area.
The reason I put this together is that Bagel plays a lot of bands that listeners are avid fans of, but can easily miss in concert as there is no way to easily aggregate that list of bands. This app works to fill all those gaps.
Basically, I wrote it to scratch my own itch..
Thanks!
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sergio_101
i should also add that doing this gave me the opportunity to learn about parsing text, parsing html, regex, grabbing api data, and using elixir pipes.. the data update thing is really just one long pipe of date from raw data to everything in its place.
In all, after being an OO programmer a LONG time… I enjoyed not having to model my data as an object, and just think if it as a line of data transformations.
I will be writing my next project (a site for my own radio show) using phoenix starting this week.
Thanks group for your help along the way!
sergio_101
I should also add that the last time i did geo distance between two points was maybe 30 years ago on my HP-28. it took awhile to chug through one iteration, which is what kept me initially from putting this site together. I initially wrote my own geo distance module, but I found another one already done that would do all sorts of other distances that might be interesting, so i used it.
I am still amazed at how quickly it can plow through thousands of results.