patric-vinicios
Using the example from the lib itself, let’s suppose I have 10 owners and each owner has 10 pets.
@derive {
Flop.Schema,
filterable: [:pet_species],
sortable: [:pet_species],
adapter_opts: [
join_fields: [
pet_species: [
binding: :pets,
field: :species,
ecto_type: :string
]
]
]
}
schema “owners” do
field :name, :string
field :email, :string
has_many :pets, Pet
end
schema “pets” do
field :name, :string
field :species, :string
belongs_to :owner, Owner
end
After setting up the join fields, I can write a query like this:
params = %{
page_size: 10,
page: 1,
filters: [%{field: :pet_species, op: :==, value: “E. africanus”}]
}
Owner
|> join(:left, [o], p in assoc(o, :pets), as: :pets)
|> preload([pets: p], [pets: p])
|> Flop.validate_and_run!(params, for: Owner)
The expected result is that it would return 10 owners and all their associations, in this case, for each owner it would return 10 pets. But this query returns 1 owner and their 10 pets. If I sent apage_size: 5, it would return 1 owner and 5 pets.
This other query works the way I expect, returning 10 users and all their pets:
params = %{page_size: 10, page: 1, filters: [%{field: :pet_species, op: :==, value: “E. africanus”}]}
Owner
|> preload([o], pets: ^from(p in Pet))
|> limit(^page_size)
|> Flop.validate_and_run(params, for: Owner)
But this way, the filters are not applied.
How could I fix it?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
fuelen
Try to add
distinct: o.id.However, I wouldn’t use Flop for filtering in this case. I prefer writing queries myself and in this case it would use
where+existsexpression because usually it will be more performant and more convenient (no dances with ordering, for example) thanjoin+distinct. Actually, Flop can use this approach under the hood, but I doubt.