DestroyedSoul
Hello,
I am using Flowbite in my code for a dropdown component.
I use Flowbite via CDN. Here’s the code in question:
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/flowbite/2.2.1/flowbite.phoenix.min.js">
</script>
<button
id="dropdownDefaultButton"
data-dropdown-toggle="dropdown"
class="bg-white hover:bg-accent/20 rounded-lg text-lg px-5 py-2.5 text-center inline-flex items-center border"
type="button"
>
Click
</button>
<!-- Dropdown menu code -->
<div id="dropdown" class="z-10 hidden bg-background-secondary rounded-lg shadow w-60">
<ul class="p-3 space-y-1 text-lg text-primary" aria-labelledby="dropdownDefaultButton">
<!-- some code here -->
</ul>
</div>
The problem, as usually is with live views.
Let’s call the screen with dropwons Screen A. When I enter it, dropdown works, then I go to screen B and back to screen A → the dropdown works.
But when I go to screen B and push_navigate from there to Screen A, the dropdown does not work (i.e. it’s not displayed after clicking the button).
I have tried solutions from here: Tailwind Javascripts stop working after live redirects between liveviews
It did not help.
Could you please advise whether I am doing something wrong?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jmnda
I tried to reproduce on my end but everything is working fine. Can you share the whole LiveView or if possible create a demo repo?
DestroyedSoul
Here’s the repo.
It’s even worse than in my project.
If you load the page as
localhost:4000/view-b, then the dropdown works. If you go there from home or view-a, it doesn’t.jmnda
I checkout out your repo and after testing, I think he issue is that you added the
scripttag for Flowbite in the LiveView markup instead of theroot.html.heex. Putting it in the<head>of theroot.html.heexresolves the issue, that’s because the script is loaded upfront so everynavigate/patchwhich dispatchesphx:page-loading-stopevent after the update will initialize Flowbite js enabling the interactive elements like dropdowns, modals, and navbars to work.DestroyedSoul
That was it!
Thank you a lot.